Bruny Island Visitor Information
Bruny Island, Tasmania - Visitor Information
Bruny Island is a small island off the coast of Tasmania, Australia. It is a popular tourist destination because of its stunning natural beauty and unique wildlife.
How to get there
To get to Bruny Island, you need to take a ferry from Kettering, which is about a 30-minute drive from Hobart. The ferry ride takes approximately 20 minutes and drops you off at Roberts Point on Bruny Island.
Things to do
- Visit The Neck - a narrow strip of land that connects North Bruny and South Bruny
- Take a wildlife tour to see penguins, seals, and dolphins
- Visit the Bruny Island Lighthouse
- Go hiking on one of the island's many trails
- Taste local produce at Bruny Island Cheese Co. and Get Shucked Oysters
Where to stay
There are several accommodation options on Bruny Island, including campgrounds, cabins, and vacation rentals. It is recommended to book in advance, especially during peak season.
When to visit
The best time to visit Bruny Island is during the summer months (December - February) when the weather is warm and dry. However, it is also the busiest time of year, so expect crowds and book accommodation in advance.
Visit Bruny Island
Bruny Island is a must-visit destination for those who love nature and wildlife. With its stunning landscapes and abundance of activities, it is the perfect place for a relaxing getaway or an adventure-filled vacation.